Saturday, June 28, 2008

Worthing, Seamill Park Crescent, U.K. A Clearly Defined Orb

Posted: June 28, 2008

Date: June 23, 2008
Time: Approx: 5.00 p.m.

Location of Sighting: UK, Worthing, Seamill Park Crescent.
Number of witnesses: 2
Number of objects: 1
Shape of objects: Clearly defined orb.

Full Description of event/sighting: At approx 5pm on Monday 23 June 2008, I was in the garden, chatting the phone and watching the birds and planes overhead as usual. It was a bright, sunny, late afternoon, almost totally clear blue skies with a reasonable Easterly wind , when I noticed something very strange in the sky.

It was extremely high up, way, way up above the commercial airlines passing overhead, yet somehow it was so clearly visible. It was a very clearly defined orange orb, not fuzzy or glowing or anything, just a bright orange ball in the sky.

I watched it for a few minutes, and it was making very peculiar movements, going slowly backwards and forwards (not in same direction as wind) and then stopping perfectly still and motionless before moving very slowly again. I was very perplexed, and a little spooked to be honest, as I just could not work out what on earth it was. It then stopped and remained very still. I wondered if I was maybe going crazy.. so I went and asked a nearby neighbor to come and have a look.

He also was totally perplexed. We watched it for approximately a further 5 minutes, trying to come up with every rational explanation we could think of (it was far too high and moving far too strangely to possibly be a Hot Air Balloon or Lantern or all the other possibilities we each tried to come up with, like a military plane or anything), but neither of us could solve what it was.

He said he'd never seen anything like it in his life. And neither had I. It kept moving, very slowly, then stopping perfectly still at random intervals. It then moved slowly directly South, towards sea, then just totally vanished out of thin air before our eyes.

I have never been a UFO type person, neither had he, but we were both transfixed by this thing and could not take our eyes off it. I tried to capture it several times on my mobile phone camera or video, but nothing seemed to be visible through that (maybe too high for a small camera phone?).

I suggested we report it, and he said people would think we were "crazy". But in the following days, I saw on BBC news that similar sightings had be made in the North of England (Liverpool) and Wales. So I decided to report it to the local Newspaper (Worthing Herald) , but they have not published anything thus far.

I'm a mature, rational, down to earth woman in my 40's, with a professional background, and my neighbor is also similar age and perfectly normal. Neither of us has had any previous interest or experience of UFO's.

With or without photo evidence, I know what I saw, witnessed by someone else, and now I am a firm believer that we are not alone in space!

Thank you to the witness for the good report.

Brian Vike, Director HBCC UFO Research and host of the Vike Report UFO Eyewitness radio show. email: hbccufo@telus.net Website: http://www.hbccufo.org http://www.brianvike.com, http://www.hbccufo.com, http://www.hbccufo.net HBCC UFO Research International: http://www.hbccufointernational.org/

Radio show host for the Vike Report, eyewitness relating their experiences.
http://jancikradionetwork.com/innerstreamsradio/show/vike_report/index.html

Just added, the Vike Report Radio Show Blog. You can check the blog out for archived radio shows and all the new and upcoming programs I do.
http://thevikereport.blogspot.com/

HBCC UFO Research, Box 1091 Houston, British Columbia, Canada - VOJ 1ZO

No comments: