Monday, October 18, 2010

Flaming Object Over Belfast Northern Ireland

Date: Saturday in early August 2010
Time: 10:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.

Hello Sir, my name is (removed) I am 18 from Belfast and I just read the "orange burning fire objects over Belfast Northern Ireland" article. I had an encounter like this myself, I was walking down Anadale direction ( I remember exactly where, just don't know the street) and I noticed something in the sky that looked like a star at first, then it began to move as if it was floating.

I stopped and stood against a fence just to watch it for around 5 minutes.

I thought it could be anything, like maybe one of those Chinese lanterns, but although it looked aflame and floating it had characteristics of something else completely. It moved slowly in multiple solid directions, undoubtedly against the wind at some points, stopped dead, moved more, stopped dead, until eventually it stopped and then vanished, not fade or flicker like a candle might, just gone.

From where I was, it looked like it could have been above Belvouir Forest Park or Lagan Meadows, also the height this object was at would mean the Chinese lantern was probably the size of a car or most likely much bigger, last one I saw witch by the way I've never even seen one in Ireland especially Belfast, was the size of a small TV.

Granted there might be a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, but I'm not convinced. In fact to me a perfectly reasonable explanation, would be an unearthly conclusion.

This hasn't been the best composed statement, but I hope I put in all the information your looking for and feel free to reply if you have any questions I might be able to answer.

Additional Information:

I hoped you wouldn't ask the date. I believe it was a Saturday in early August. I know the time was 10:00 - 10:30pm. Also there was no visible planes in the sky, it isn't hard to distinguish the air traffic above this city even on a harsh night. Cheers Brian.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: