Saturday, November 12, 2011

Red Lights Seen Over Two Nights At Northcliff Johannesburg South Africa (Additional Information: Update !)

 
Date:  November 2, 2011 and November 7, 2011
Time:  7:43 p.m. and Between 9:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. for November 7, 2011.

Hi Brian, On the 2nd November 2011, I was sitting outside on my balcony, when I stood up and looked behind me to see a steady red light in the sky.

The time was 7:43 p.m. The light was not moving, very still. I did not know what to think or even make of it.

My fiancé is a pilot, so I intended to take a picture with my cell phone, so I could show him. Before I could take photo, the light went off for about 2 seconds, then on again, then very quickly moved to the right and vanished. This light was slightly bigger than the brightest star I could see at the time. 

Then last night 7th November 2011. My fiancé and I were sitting on the balcony. Time was between 9:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. Something caught me eye and I looked up and in exactly the same spot was the red light. My fiancé stood up to look with me.

This time the red light was flying very fast, it flew towards us, but at a very odd way and as before no sound at all. Just as it past the trees I saw the light go off and then on and then vanish.

I was able to take 3 photo's and a video. Although it can not be seen in the video, and it comes out like a star in the photo's.

As my fiancé is a pilot, he said planes can not fly the way this object flew, and to fly at that speed, it would have to be doing Mach 200.

I must admit we both felt creepy afterwards. Can you or someone please explain what we saw.

Best wishes.

Additional Information: Update !

Thank you for your reply. Since my email to you, I saw the red light 2 more times. On Wednesday 8th, November and the 10th November. After having family members living near by see Wednesday’s sighting.

I started thinking this was just too obvious. I was in luck on the Thursday. At 7:00 p.m. I saw the red light on the horizon, my fiance and I ran into the street to get a clearer view.

Some passing cars also saw it and stopped to watch. It was travelling rather fast. All of us taking pictures, getting either scared or excited that it was so clear and coming straight for us.

Then the wind suddenly pick up and it came tumbling down, to crash land right in front of us.

We all laughed with big relief when we realised that it was a Chinese lantern. 

It all made sense. Someone in our area has been sending lanterns into the sky every day. Hence it was always coming from the same direction and flying very oddly.

Sorry to have wasted your time. At least I now know exactly what it is. Best wishes.

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Sightings.com website: http://www.sightings.com/

No comments: